The Academic Advisor supports all undergraduate students from the time of admission to graduation. Guidance is provided to meet students’ educational goals and overall academic success.
New Student Advising: Prior to the first day of class, all Junior 1 students meet with the Academic Advisor/Registrar for a presentation regarding:
- Details of class schedule and course registration
- Textbooks and other required materials
- Next steps to meet clinical setting requirements
- Important policies and procedures
Touchpoint session: All Junior 1 students meet with the Academic Advisor during the first few weeks of their first semester to:
- Provide feedback on their initial progress
- Ask questions about policies and procedures
- Create a curriculum plan worksheet
- Confirm access to the student support resources in the learning management system
Current Student Advising: The Academic Advisor meets with all enrolled students to provide guidance for course enrollment for the following semester. Students are also encouraged to meet with the Academic Advisor throughout the semester for academic support, including studying and time management tips. They are also highly encouraged to contact the Academic Advisor if they are having specific challenges in a course or balancing the demands of nursing school.