Student Enrichment Center (SEC) is staffed by faculty Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Need some help with one of your courses, or with a general skill? We can help! The CCON SEC provides free professional assistance for nursing students in the areas of:
- Individual or group tutoring
- Interactive study groups
- Study skills
- Time management techniques
- Test-taking strategies
- Writing support
Contact the Ascension Columbia St. Mary's librarian for questions about literature searches and other library services.
Kellee L. Selden, Library and Learning Management Systems Manager
Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Women's Hospital
Library is located within the hospital – 2nd Floor
2323 N. Lake Drive | Milwaukee
Phone: (414) 585-1626
APA Writing Style
APA Website - APA Style Basics Tutorial - This tutorial is designed for those who have no previous knowledge of APA Style. It shows users how to structure and format their work, recommends ways to reduce bias in language, identifies how to avoid charges of plagiarism, shows how to cite references in text, and provides selected reference examples.
APA Website - Frequently asked Questions about APA style – Basic information regarding APA style, definition, usage, etc.
Purdue Online Writing Lab - Practical APA information, examples and guidelines. Provided by Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Columbia College of Nursing - AfterCollege.com:
Aftercollege is an excellent resource for job postings, career advice, and much more
Ascension Employment Opportunities:
Whether you are a freshman or a senior, if you have an interest in job opportunities with an Ascension WI hospital or clinic, visit the page listed above.
Students of Columbia College of Nursing have access to a variety of technology resources.
Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: CCON Administration Suite, 203
Staff: Keith Jackson, Learning Resources Coordinator. 414-326-2335, firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvas Guide for Students
Outlook Web Access guide
Course registration: All CCON students are registered each semester by the Registrar once payment is paid in full.
Education Verifications: Requests for verifying enrollment and degrees will require an authorization release from the student.
Official Transcript Requests:
- CCON is able to process official transcripts for graduates from the diploma program prior to 1985 or for more recent graduates only.
- If you graduated after 1985 from a joint degree program, please contact the Registrar’s Office at either Carroll University or Mount Mary University for your official/unofficial transcript.
- If you are a current student, CCON is able to process your official/unofficial transcript requests.
How to request official transcripts:
- Print and complete the Transcript Request Form
- Type/print your (the student's) name and sign/date the form as required by the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. Requests need a signature to be processed.
- Send completed form along with $6.00 (standard delivery) or $10.00 (rush delivery) to the Registrar’s Office:
Columbia College of Nursing
ATTN: Registrar’s Office
4425 N. Port Washington Rd.
Glendale, WI 53212
Transcript Fee: Payment accepted by cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted). Make checks payable to CCON.*
*Note: If there is a hold on your student record, you must resolve it before a transcript will be released.