Financial Aid is made available to assist students in making the cost of higher education more affordable. All students who apply for federal financial aid are required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA). The FAFSA application helps determine a student’s ability to pay in a uniform and consistent manner.
Steps for applying for Federal Student Aid:
- Apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you are considered a dependent student you will need to have one parent also apply for a PIN number.
- Complete your FAFSA using our school code: 041594.
- Make sure you have turned in any additional documents that are requested from the financial aid office. Not all students will need to turn in additional documents. You will be notified via your school email if you have missing information that is delaying the processing of your application.
- Receive and understand your financial aid awards. Remember that you must actively accept the aid you are offered. Log into the SONIS Web student portal to accept your aid.
- First time Federal Direct Loan borrowers must complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note before any loan funds will be disbursed.
- Students must renew their FAFSA application every year. The FAFSA application for the upcoming aid year is made available each year on October 1st.
As a recipient of Federal, State, and Institutional funds, you have certain rights and responsibilities. Please ensure that you read and understand these before you apply for financial aid.
If you need any assistance with applying for financial aid please do not hesitate to contact the Financial Aid Office at Columbia College of Nursing:
Columbia College of Nursing
Financial Aid Office
4425 N. Port Washington Rd.
Glendale, WI 53212
Danielle Carter, Director of Financial Aid
Phone: (414) 326-2337
Fax: (414) 326-2331
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm