Prerequisite Essential Coursework
Completed within the last 7 years (at the time of application)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II
- General Chemistry
- Organic and/or Bio Chemistry
- Introductory Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Introductory Sociology OR Cultural Anthropology
General Education Coursework
Completed within the last 10 years (at the time of application)
- English/College Level Composition
- English Literature
- Fine Arts
- One semester college level algebra
- Interpersonal Communication
- Electives (as needed)
*Please note courses may be in progress at the time of application; however, documentation of successful completion (official transcripts) must be provided prior to final acceptance to the nursing program.
To be considered for admission applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.80 or greater on a 4.0 scale. Cumulative GPA is calculated on all academic coursework completed within the last seven (7) years.
- Satisfactory completion (grade of C or better) or currently in the process of completing the following 60 credits of prerequisite essential and general education courses or their equivalents:
- Completion of the HESI-A2 Admission Examination. Composite score of 80% or above is required.
- Ability to meet the Technical Standards for Admission and Progression in the Program.
- Ability to meet the Immunization and Background Check Requirements.
- All applicants must be United States (US) Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and must be able to provide documentation of US Citizenship such as a US passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or US birth certificate.
Students will be ineligible for admission to Columbia College of Nursing if:
- They have been unsuccessful (grade less than “C” in a graded course, or Fail/Unsatisfactory in a Pass/Fail course) in two or more prerequisite essential or nursing courses at another institution(s).
- They have been unsuccessful in the same prerequisite essential or nursing course twice at another institution(s).
- They have been unsuccessful in one prerequisite essential course at another institution and unsuccessful in one nursing course in another nursing program.
[VH1]Link to Technical Standards
[VH2]Link to Immunization and Background Check Requirements